- Pasta with Squid Ink
- Fine squid ink pasta with roasted tomatoes and shredded parmensan
- Alphabet Minestrone
- Homemade "alphabet" pasta in an Italian wedding soup, with scallops
- The "Collywobble"
- The OR Books signature cocktail
About the RestORant
- For a week this October, enjoy the entire OR list of progressive, off-beat books together with the delicious food and wine served at Alexandra. Diners can browse the OR Books catalog, purchase paperbacks, and download e-books. A free e-book will be served with every meal. OR authors will be dining at Alexandra throughout the week. OR Books and Alexandra hope to demonstrate that, despite the much-mourned decline of high street bookselling, publishers can still find innovative, new ways of bringing writers and readers together, to share discussion about books over a bottle of wine or a serving of pasta.
- Andrew Ross
- "Creditocracy and the Case for Debt Refusal"
- Gordon Lish
- "Goings" & "Collected Fictions"
- Julian Assange
- "Cypherpunks: Freedom and the Future of the Internet"
- Michael Ratner
- "Who Killed Che?"
- Miles Klee
- Yoko Ono
- Clark Stoeckley
- "The United States vs. Private Chelsea Manning"
- Norman Finkelstein
- "Knowing Too Much"
- Friday. October 18th
- Opening night cocktail party from 6pm to 7pm, featuring Raja Shehadeh. Come for a drink; stay on for dinner.
- Thursday, October 24th
- CLOSING LATE NIGHT PARTY (with live music)
- THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
- Pop in to eat, read, or buy a book. OR authors will be dining at the pop-up shop, and Alexandra will be serving OR-themed specials.
All meals served with a complimentary ebook from the OR Books catalog: http://www.orbooks.com/catalog/